We think 2016 is shaping up to be a pretty incredible experience. But first, what happened in 2015?
- Kickstarter We’ve nearly hit our funding goal but we aren't there yet. Get us across the finish line by Jan 6, our deadline. Our premier Men's and Women's Outerwear, Travel T's and Tops, and a Travel Journal are all available. If you’ve pledged, thank you so much! We can't wait to produce and ship your rewards!
- Story Through the launch of our website, social media, and photo shoots, we are telling the story of Anywhere and why we believe so strongly in traveling light to discover more. We’ve been rewarded so far with great support on Kickstarter (as well as being recognized as a “Staff Pick”), hundreds of followers, a feature in Minnesota Monthly, and other media outlets like Brit + Co.
- Alisa! Alisa joined the Anywhere team after working with us for the past year on a contract basis. She brings superb technical and creative design skills along with her enthusiasm and energy for travel and everything Anywhere is about, and we’re so grateful to have her. Beyond her designs, you can see her work in a lot of our photography, as well as a hundred other places as she really moves the company forward. Plus, she’s just plain amazing to work with. Look for new designs and beautiful photographs coming out of her recent trip to Thailand.
- Premier Collection We pre-launched two key outerwear pieces and two t-shirts for Men and Women, all available for pre-order on Kickstarter. We also moved more than a half dozen other items forward into prototyping, addressing a whole range of core travel needs!
- People! We have benefited so much from a whole range of partners and friends, all of whom have done more than we could have reasonably asked them to get our company rolling. Special thank-yous to Clothier Design Source (hi Mindy and Danielle), Studio317 (especially Elizabeth), Portland Apparel Lab (shout out to Crispin), our very first fit models Alex and Eric, as well as important people like Carl, Brian, Grace, Jacob, Elizabeth at Healing Media, Devin, Rocky, Kate, Sawyer, and Joe (and everyone else). You all have been helpful beyond what just saying thanks can express, but thank you. It means a lot to us.
- Launch! We’re launching our retail presence on our website – you’ll get a 360 degree view of our products and be able to order with a few easy clicks. We’ll be recycling every penny back into the business: we want to make our products better, launch new products, and most importantly, connect with inspiring travelers who give us a reason to do what we do.
- Partners We can’t wait to start working with a range of travelers and brands; we recently helped Nowhere Magazine across their own Kickstarter finish line, and we’ll be sponsoring their website for a month soon. We’ve been working with a number of travel bloggers and can’t wait to get our product to them for feedback and insight from their networks.
- Featured Photographers and Instagrammers So much of travel is visual, which is why we are in talks with and currently hunting for talented travelers who espouse the Anywhere philosophy of traveling light, discovering more. Interested in being featured? Email us.
- New products! We plan to have several more products available in time for the holidays next year – including sweaters, blazers, cardigans, and more at a range of price points. Everything is designed to make travel even more weightless and worthwhile.
- Who knows?! The best part of a new year is not knowing what’s going to happen – we believe the core of any adventure is the unknown, and we’re particularly excited to just see what comes.
Nick + Kelly